Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
– General George S. Patton
Entrepreneurship is currently a hot topic. Wherever you look it seems like everyone is becoming an entrepreneur and starting their own business. An interesting niche of this booming trend is the rise of the military entrepreneur. In general terms, military members are not the best-paid members of society; however, they are some of the most resourceful people on the planet. With training to overcome the largest obstacles with little to no resources, it is no surprise that many serving members turn to entrepreneurship prior to and after leaving the service.
That all turns to my guest on the Moving Forward Leadership Podcast, Andrew O’Brien. A former US Army soldier turned CEO turn Military Entrepreneur. In fact, his belief that soldiers make the best entrepreneurs he decided to leave his company as CEO and create the Vetpreneur Tribe – an organization with the sole purpose of helping Military Entrepreneurs. During our discussion we cover the following topics:
- His background and story
- Greatest leadership lessons as the CEO
- Greatest leadership challenge
- Why he moved from his role as CEO to create Vetpreneur Tribe
- Some of the greatest successes he has had with Vetpreneur Tribe
- How does he see himself as a leader within the Vetpreneur Tribe
- What is his vision for Vetpreneur Tribe down the future.
If you are interested in contacting Andrew or any of the resources which he provides, then be sure to check them out below!
- Vetpreneur Tribe Website
- Vetpreneur Tribe Store
- Vetpreneur Tribe University
- Vetpreneur Tribe Facebook Group
- Entrepeneur.com Article on Andrew
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!