Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.
– Steve Maraboli
Mindset is everything. It’s a common expression which can be heard in fitness gyms, sports teams, and even sales teams. But mindset is crucial for everyone. To be a leader, you have to have the mindset that you are a leader. You are worthy of leading, you have a vision which will take your organization into the future, and that you are capable of doing it. So in order to achieve this, I went looking no further than a former US Navy SEAL to find out how we can be more mindful as leaders.
Mark spent 20 years as a Navy SEAL officer, retiring as a Commander in 2011. He then founded and leads several highly successful enterprises including SEALFIT (Physical and mental training), Unbeatable Mind, LLC (Executive Mastery Development), NavySEALs.com and USCrossFit. Mark Divine is an expert in human performance as it is displayed in mental toughness, leadership and physical readiness. His work is based on an integral warrior-leader model that he developed and tested on over a thousand special operations candidates worldwide. The integrated training, which involves physical, mental, emotional, intuitional and spiritual training, has resulted in over a 90% success rate for the Spec Ops candidates. It is now taught to executives and corporate teams, tops sports teams, top athletes, professionals, first responders and warriors from all walks of life.
During this interview we cover the following topics:
- His background
- What was the draw to bring him to US Military
- How he used meditation and mindfulness in his leadership experiences
- Marks 5 Mountains philosophy
- How leaders can use 5 Mountains in the decision making.
- Tips for leaders to begin meditation and being more mindfulness
If you are interested in learning more about Mark and his resources, then check them out:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!