Engagement and culture are two aspects which followers yearn for within any organization. They want to feel like they belong in the organization, that the organization understands them as an individual, and that they feel connected with their organization at the core level. Yet too many organizations out there couldn’t care less about this aspects.
David has been teaching leaders to be more effective since 1989. For 20 years, he learned from the very best as an officer in the US Army. He has been on the faculty teaching leadership and lean systems at Stetson University, the Defense Acquisition University, the University of Kentucky, and the Ohio State University. David has also taught in the Executive Education program at Penn State University. Now he teaches organizations how to obliterate obstacles, accelerate innovation, and elevate performance by teaching leaders how to love, learn, and let go. Leaders who apply these lessons achieve higher productivity, higher profitability, and higher professionalism as they build great workplaces.
During this interview David and I discuss the following topics:
- Why organizations would need to change their culture in the first place.
- What the fine point between policy structure and freedom of movement
- The three Ls as a leader
- How to realize a leader can realize that a culture change is required
- Why do we need to understand culture change?
- How do we move from a culture of compliance to a culture of engagement?
- Benefits of a culture of engagement
- How do we get our employees engaged in helping us improve?
If you are interested in David and his resources then be sure to check out these links:
Moving Forward Leadership Resources
Keep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- POWER Goals Program – If you are ready to stop complaining and start achieving those goals which you have been trying to achieve for some time now. Then stop chasing your dreams and start achieving them through my very own POWER Goals program. Learn about picking the right goals, figuring out how to achieve them, getting on track with achieving them and most importantly how to get back on track when you fail… because you will. Learn more here!
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources – Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!
Where to Subscribe to Moving Forward Leadership
Love the Moving Forward Leadership Podcast? Then subscribe to your favourite device and app! As well, please leave me a review! These reviews mean more to me than you could ever imagine.