As an organization you are either flying or you are dying and this holds true whether you are for-profit or not-for-profit. Organizations grow over time to meet their increasing demands are requirements. However, there are ways to fail at growing. Organizations can actually set themselves up for failure when they grow too fast with little or no vision to what this growth actually means. This is where my guest Karen Walker comes into play.
Karen is a consultant, author, and advisor to CEOs and senior leaders. She helps her clients grow their companies with successful outcomes that include IPOs, acquisitions, market share increases, and significant leadership development. Her clients include Inc. 500 start-ups and Fortune 500 firms. Prior to launching her consultancy, Karen was employee #104 at Compaq Computer – then the fastest growing company in American and fastest to $1billion in revenue.
During this episode Karen and I discuss the following topics:
- Struggles which faces organizations during explosive growth
- Where CEOs fail in organization growth
- Principles behind her book No Dumbing Down
- How can organizations address the problems with increasing organizational span and depth
If you are interested in learning more about Karen and her resources then check out the following link:
- No Dumbing Down book
- Karen Walker’s Website
- Karen Walker on LinkedIn
- No Dumbing Down Podcast
- Karen Walker on Twitter
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!