Virtual teams are becoming more a common reality as organizations look to cut costs while affording their people work-life balance. Therefore, a leader needs to learn how to lead virtual teams in order to be successful. There are different things to consider when you are leading virtual teams than teams who work in the same office.
In today’s episode, I discuss leading a team with James Nieves. James has led a number of virtual teams and has been very successful at that. During this episode we discuss the following topics:
- How James started leading teams virtually.
- The benefits of a virtual team
- The challenges of leading teams virtually.
- How to overcome these challenges
- Advice for those who are leading teams virtually.
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!