We all have strengths and we all have weaknesses. As a leader, it is imperative that we know both for ourselves and our people. This is where Strengths Finder comes to play. This approach allows you to find out your and your people’s strengths and weaknesses which in turn will allow you to make educated decisions about how to employ and assign tasks.
In today’s episode, I have the great pleasure of interviewing Tance Hughes. Tance experimented with the Strengths Finder concept and achieved outstanding results with his company. Now he is on the 30 under 30 list, and his company is amongst the fastest growing small businesses in the USA. So needless to say I had to have him on the show! Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
- His background and story
- Organization growth leading to team building issues
- Identification of the problem
- How he came to chose Strengths Finder model
- How he reinforced the results
- What key themes came out from the process
- Employ people solely on the strengths or get them to work on their weaknesses?
- What were some of the challenges overcome during the implementation of this processes.
- What are the key benefits of using this model.
Be sure to check out Tance’s resources and contact info if you are interested in learning more about his work:
Not a resource but the funny video I mentioned during the interview:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!