We all have strengths and we all have weaknesses. As a leader, it is imperative that we know both for ourselves and our people. This is where Strengths Finder comes to play. This approach allows you to find out your and your people’s strengths and weaknesses which in turn will allow you to make educated decisions about how to employ and assign tasks.
In today’s episode, I have the great pleasure of interviewing Tance Hughes. Tance experimented with the Strengths Finder concept and achieved outstanding results with his company. Now he is on the 30 under 30 list, and his company is amongst the fastest growing small businesses in the USA. So needless to say I had to have him on the show! Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
- His background and story
- Organization growth leading to team building issues
- Identification of the problem
- How he came to chose Strengths Finder model
- How he reinforced the results
- What key themes came out from the process
- Employ people solely on the strengths or get them to work on their weaknesses?
- What were some of the challenges overcome during the implementation of this processes.
- What are the key benefits of using this model.
Be sure to check out Tance’s resources and contact info if you are interested in learning more about his work:
Not a resource but the funny video I mentioned during the interview: