Non-government Organizations (NGOs) are found all over the world doing great work benefiting the underprivileged. These organizations have their own leadership challenges which few of us get the opportunity to experience. NGOs leaders have to deal with limited resources and capacity more than any business could ever imagine.
In today’s episode, I have the great pleasure of having Jennifer Britton on the show with me. Jennifer began her journey working with the United Nations in a humanitarian role and then after an unfortunate circumstance returned home to Canada and began her business. Therefore, it goes without saying that her experience is vast and diverse. Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
That differences that a person would find working for a Non-government Organization (NGO) than in the business realm.
How to she used the vision of NGOs to its maximum benefit.
How she managed to work within different cultures.
How she developed her business in group coachingCommon problem themes across different organizations.
What the core signs for a team leader to decide to bring in a team coach.
Some ways can leaders effectively lead their organizations virtually.
Be sure to check out Jennifer’s resources and contact info if you are interested in learning more about his work:
- Effective Group Coaching
- Effective Virtual Conversations
- From One To Many: Best Practices for Team and Group Coaching
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!