Leaders are constantly trying to get their teams to perform at their peak. In order to do so, the best leaders create an emotionally connected culture between their people, the organization, and them the leader. My guest today has written one of the best book I have ever read on the topic and joins to share his wisdom.
Louis Carter is one of the top 10 Global Gurus in Organizational Culture around the world voted by Global Top Gurus. He is the author of 11 books in leadership and management which have been translated into 6 languages including Change Champion’s Field Guide, Best Practices in Talent Management and In Great Company: how to achieve peak performance by creating an emotionally connected workplace. As the founder and CEO of Best Practice Institute, he has led consulting and benchmark research projects that have impacted millions of employees worldwide for most of the Fortune 500.
During this interview, Louis and I discuss the following topics revolving around In Great Company:
- His background
- The key elements of an Emotionally Connected Leader
- How Leaders can break the old culture model
- How Leaders can enable people to make mistakes and learn from them
- The idea of Lead by Example as a Value
- Why Leading with Respect is so important
If you are interested in learning more about Louis then be sure to check out his resources:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!