I had the opportunity to join Richard Matthews on his “The Hero Show” Podcast recently. It was a great show with a superhero theme which made it a lot of fun to be a guest on.
Here’s just a taste of what we talked about today:
- Scott shared the side-hustle beginning of his podcasting journey while serving the Canadian Army.
- Serving the Canadian Army involved a lot of mentoring and coaching. This path led to Scott’s discovery of his passion for leadership. Years later, this would lead him to start his own leadership podcast as a hobby.
- Scott also talked about his ability to break things down the big and complex problems into simpler bits — an essential characteristic of a leader.
- Discover the challenges Scott faces with entrepreneurs that he often talks about in his podcast.
- For Scott McCarthy, leaders should be thinking strategically in times of crisis. Learn how to think in terms of visions, and the path ahead, getting from point A to B.
- Scott gives away tips and tricks on task delegation for entrepreneurs who have a hard time offloading assignments.
- “Culture will make or break an organization company,” Scott defines what a good company culture looks like, and how to establish it in your organization big or small.
- Scott shares how “horrible bosses” are the common enemies he has to deal with constantly. Take a closer look at his fight against “boss mentality”, and the horrible lack of mentorship in various organizations ranks.
Scott McCarthy uses these tools to make his communication with his client more personal.
- G Suite — A Google application that allows users to effectively share spreadsheets and documents. It also allows users to create a professional email, store important data, share calendars, video conferencing, and instant messaging.
- Facebook Messenger — An instant messaging platform that allows users to send instant messages, and make audio and video calls for one-on-one conversations or group conferences.
Subscribe to Moving Forward Leadership
Love the Moving Forward Leadership Podcast?
Then subscribe to your favourite device and app! As well, please leave me a review! These reviews mean more to me than you could ever imagine
Follow Moving Forward Leadership
Join our Leadership Community
Tired of not having a community to discuss leadership with? Well then join our FREE online community where we discuss leadership on a deep and daily basis.
Get in touch
Need help and want to discuss options with me? Then simply book a discovery call and lets talk on how we can move you forward!
If you have ideas for guests, topics for Monday Leadership Minute, or simply to say hello, then shoot me an email.
Leadership to your Inbox!
Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!