Courage is the main quality of leadership, in my opinion, no matter where it is exercised. Usually it implies some risk – especially in new undertakings.
– Walt Disney
As leaders, we all face difficult circumstances. How to be a courageous leader is definitely a question which I have struggled with in the past to find the answer for. I can tell you that there is no perfect answer for everyone. We all have to figure it out in our own way. However, we can definitely learn how to be a courageous leader through the experiences of others to enable us to find our path.
My guest in this episode went on a journey to answer the question of how we can be a courageous leader. Shelly L. Francis has been the marketing and communications director at the Center for Courage & Renewal since mid-2012. Before coming to the Center, Shelly directed trade marketing and publicity for multi-media publisher Sounds True, Inc. Her career has spanned international program management, web design, corporate communications, trade journals, and software manuals. Shelly wrote The Courage Way: Leading and Living with Integrity (February 2018) on behalf of the Center for Courage & Renewal. During this episode we cover the following topics:
- The motivation behind writing the book
- Courage Takes Trust
- The Courage to Answer Your Calling
- The Courage to Stay or to Leave
If you are interested in learning more about Shelly or the Center For Courage & Renewal then check out the following links:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!