Often a leader’s personnel is referred to as their greatest resource. While the premise of the statement is true, it leads leaders to be cold and heartless. The ideology of being more personal with your personnel is that you become closer to them, understanding who they are as an individual and team member. Which leads to this episode’s guest.
I had the great pleasure of having US Army Colonel (retired) Robert Campbell on the show with me. Robert spent over 27 years in the US Army and ended up commanding a Brigade of approximately 5,000 people. Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
- Policies and procedures to make people priority 1
- Helping people with issues
- Challenges come across with this approach
- Ego how destructive it can be and you can keep it in check
- Lessons learned from his time
Be sure to check out Rob’s resources and contact info if you are interested in learning more about his work:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!