“Hire Character. Train Skill.”
– Peter Schutz
People are the center and cornerstone of any organization. Without people organizations, business, and even families would not exist! Yet as leaders, we too often pay lip-service the complete hiring process of identifying who are needed, where they are needed and how they are hired. Today that changes for you as you will learn the whole process how to lead and hire your next employee.
My expert, Rebecca Barnes-Hogg comes with a lengthy background and has developed her hiring process referred to as the YOLO. In the end, her goal is for you to find the purple unicorn – or your ideal employee. Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
- Her background and story
- Why YOLO?
- A bad hire impacts your company in many ways.
- Four Components of the YOLO Principle
- How to determine what tasks and responsibilities the person will have
- It’s better to be understaffed than to have a bad employee who will affect the performance and
- morale of the rest of your team.
- Ways to recruit people
- Some ways to interview properly
- How to evaluate and select the right person
- How to overcome obstacles
If you are interested in contacting Rebecca or any of the resources which she provides, then be sure to check them out below!
- The YOLO Principle
- E-mail Rebecca
- YOLO Insights Website
- YOLO Insights Facebook Page
- Rebecca on LinkedIn
- Rebecca on Twitter
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!