“Hire Character. Train Skill.”
– Peter Schutz
People are the center and cornerstone of any organization. Without people organizations, business, and even families would not exist! Yet as leaders, we too often pay lip-service the complete hiring process of identifying who are needed, where they are needed and how they are hired. Today that changes for you as you will learn the whole process how to lead and hire your next employee.
My expert, Rebecca Barnes-Hogg comes with a lengthy background and has developed her hiring process referred to as the YOLO. In the end, her goal is for you to find the purple unicorn – or your ideal employee. Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
- Her background and story
- Why YOLO?
- A bad hire impacts your company in many ways.
- Four Components of the YOLO Principle
- How to determine what tasks and responsibilities the person will have
- It’s better to be understaffed than to have a bad employee who will affect the performance and
- morale of the rest of your team.
- Ways to recruit people
- Some ways to interview properly
- How to evaluate and select the right person
- How to overcome obstacles
If you are interested in contacting Rebecca or any of the resources which she provides, then be sure to check them out below!
- The YOLO Principle
- E-mail Rebecca
- YOLO Insights Website
- YOLO Insights Facebook Page
- Rebecca on LinkedIn
- Rebecca on Twitter