Leaders need to be true to themselves, their organizations and most importantly to their people. Today, with the intense pace of daily activities, obligations, and the never-ending stream of information through social media, it is difficult to remain focused and mindful of our actions and surroundings. Losing touch with reality and the world can leave leaders lost and on a path of destruction which could prove to be disastrous for all those involved.
Ora is a certified Life Coach, certified Mindfulness Meditation teacher, and author of Says Who? How One Simple Question Can Change the Way You Think Forever, which is based on a unique method for transforming negative and fear-based thoughts. Ora is a frequent blogger on Huffington Post, and has written extensively for magazines like MindBodyGreen, You Beauty, You Health, Mama Glow, Success, Conscious Lifestyle, LA Yoga, Women’s Health, and many others. She has also been a guest on over 100 radio shows around the country like Transformation Talk, Mental Wellness, Take Charge of Your Life, America Meditating, Growing Bolder, Om Times Inspired Living, and many more.
Lead True with Mindfulness Topics
During this conversation Ora and I discuss the following topics:
- How individuals can use Mindfulness to decompress
- How leaders can use Mindfulness in their daily lives
- How leaders can bring Mindfulness into the workplace
- How men specifically can get into mindfulness practices
- Simple practices at the beginning of each day will start employees off grounded and focused
- How “noting,” or paying particular attention, is beneficial for self-regulation
- How to get your people to relax and use mindfulness techniques
If you are interested in Ora’s resources and want to check them out via the following links:
- Says Who?: How One Simple Question Can Change the Way You Think Forever
- Live True: A Mindfulness Guide to Authenticity
- Ora on LinkedIn
- Ora’s website
- Article – Why A Mindful Workplace Is Good For Business
- Article – Stay Present in All the Moments of Your Life with Mindfulness
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!