Foundations are the starting point of anything in the world and that includes leadership as well. In order to ensure that you have a grasp of what is expected of you, you better have a solid understanding of the foundations. Even if you are a seasoned leader, a reminder of leadership foundations will help ensure that you have not strayed away from leading to bossing.
Rich Berens is CEO and Chief Client Fanatic of Root Inc., and has helped align leaders at Global 2000 organizations to drive strategic and cultural change at scale. He is a noted speaker on the issues of transformation and how to create lasting change, and has authored articles for numerous publications and blogs. Under Rich’s leadership, Root has been listed among the Great Place to Work® Institute’s top 25 places to work, been named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list, and experienced 10 years of consecutive growth.
Leadership Foundations Topics
During our conversation Rich and I cover the following
- His background and story
- How does the disconnect between leaders and the team develop
- How leaders can ensure that people buy into their vision and mission
- How leaders can get their people to buy into the organization’s strategy
- How understanding your audience is so crucial in leadership
- How to enable your organization to actually tell the truth
If you are interested in Rich and his resources be sure to check out the following links:
POWER Goals Program
With the POWER Goals Program you are going to learn:
- What goals are right for you? – you will learn how, and most importantly, why to pick goals that are right for you. Most people do not choose the right goals and this, above all else, results in failure. But not you…starting now, you will learn to pick the right ones!
- How to achieve those goals – picking the right goal is only the start. How do you actually go about achieving the goal? That is even more difficult to figure out.
- Why proper planning is SO crucial – You will learn how to plan your week to move you towards your goals and, most importantly, achieve success. I’ll show you how to Identify those “time drains” and ensure that they do not keep you from achieving success.
- How to Execute, and stay on track – getting started is easy, but staying on track is the tough part. Learn how to get rid of those time drains, and how to stop making excuses for not being able to do something.
- How to evaluate and track – most people hope they’re making progress but never actually track it. Learn how to track your progress, identify problem areas, and find places where you can do more!
Learn more or sign up for the POWER Goals Program HERE
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!