When we think of leadership, we do not necessarily think of the highest political levels. However, this is where leadership can have its greatest impacts. Instead of leading tens, hundreds, or even thousands. A head of state leads millions. This is a level of leadership which is not seen by many. However, my guest today reveals some of the mystery of what it was like to advise President Barack Obama.
For more than 20 years, Anton has been a leadership advisor to some of the biggest brands in the United States of America, including the President of the United States. He has worked with hundreds of leaders and organizations in the public, private and nonprofit sector. He is the Founder of 937 Strategy Group, a consulting practice that provides services to leaders and healthcare organizations who want to build a world-class leadership culture that transforms employee engagement and service outcomes. He is a former lecturer at Harvard University and the author of two books, The Presidential Principles: How to Inspire Action and Create Lasting Impact (Advantage, 2018) and the Audacity of Leadership (AuthorHouse, 2009). Anton’s leadership exploits in business, sports and politics have been featured in Time Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Huff Post and many other top media outlets.
During this discussion, Anton and I discuss the following topics:
- How he find his passion for leadership
- His experiences working with President Barack Obama
- Leadership issues not known by everyone at the Presidential level
- How to you build a world-class leadership culture?
- The biggest mistakes people make in their first leadership roles
- What’s the best way to engage employees
If you are interested in Anton and his resources then be sure to check out the following links:
- Anton’s Website
- Free Chapter!
- Anton on LinkedIn
- Anton on Facebook
- The Presidential Principles: How to Inspire Action and Create Lasting Impact