When we think of leadership, we do not necessarily think of the highest political levels. However, this is where leadership can have its greatest impacts. Instead of leading tens, hundreds, or even thousands. A head of state leads millions. This is a level of leadership which is not seen by many. However, my guest today reveals some of the mystery of what it was like to advise President Barack Obama.
For more than 20 years, Anton has been a leadership advisor to some of the biggest brands in the United States of America, including the President of the United States. He has worked with hundreds of leaders and organizations in the public, private and nonprofit sector. He is the Founder of 937 Strategy Group, a consulting practice that provides services to leaders and healthcare organizations who want to build a world-class leadership culture that transforms employee engagement and service outcomes. He is a former lecturer at Harvard University and the author of two books, The Presidential Principles: How to Inspire Action and Create Lasting Impact (Advantage, 2018) and the Audacity of Leadership (AuthorHouse, 2009). Anton’s leadership exploits in business, sports and politics have been featured in Time Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Huff Post and many other top media outlets.
During this discussion, Anton and I discuss the following topics:
- How he find his passion for leadership
- His experiences working with President Barack Obama
- Leadership issues not known by everyone at the Presidential level
- How to you build a world-class leadership culture?
- The biggest mistakes people make in their first leadership roles
- What’s the best way to engage employees
If you are interested in Anton and his resources then be sure to check out the following links:
- Anton’s Website
- Free Chapter!
- Anton on LinkedIn
- Anton on Facebook
- The Presidential Principles: How to Inspire Action and Create Lasting Impact
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!