As leaders we need to prepare for the future the best we can. It’s impossible to foresee events such as the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 2008 financial crisis, or even a key person leaving the organization but we can develop the skill sets to adapt, adjust, and overcome to ensure the impact is minimal. Leading into the future means that we as leaders do our best to ensure that our people and our organizations are set up for success.
Diana Wu David is the author of Future Proof: Reinventing Work in the Age of Acceleration, a book about how to adopt more agile mindsets and practices to prepare yourself for success in a fast-changing world, across a 100-year life. A former Financial Times executive, Diana now works a CEO and board level to boost agility and collaboration and build a competitive, resilient workforce. Her clients have included Credit Suisse, The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Wharf Hotel Management Group, Expedia, the World Bank, Asia Development Bank and KPMG.
During this interview Diana and I discuss the following topics:
- Lanes which people tend to focus on when thinking of the future
- Changes which she foresee’s leaders needing to be aware of
- The effects of technology on organizations
- How leaders can tackle Globalization
If you are interested in learning more about Diana and her resources, be sure to check out the following links:
- FREE Future Proof Checklist
- Two Free book chapters!
- Future Proof: Reinventing Work in an Age of Acceleration
- Diana on LinkedIn
- Diana on Facebook
- Diana on Twitter
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!