Young people need to be asked what matters,
not be told what matters
– Jeff Martin
The Millennial Generation is getting a bad rap in the workplace. From being called lazy to self-centered, there is no shortage of criticism of this up and coming generation. However, is the criticism truly justified or is it simply short-sighted on the older generations’ part? That is a question which many people struggle to answer within their organization. Incorporating and empowering millennials within organizations must be at the forefront of any leader’s priority list as this generation grows to take over the working population.
This brings my guest Lee McEnany Caraher to light. She is the founder and CEO of Double Forte, a national public relations and digital media agency. Lee is also an acclaimed author and speaker and a recognized expert on creating high performing, positive, intergenerational workplaces. Through her work, she shows companies how to embrace the qualities of different generations, and how to recognize the significant benefits of shifting the definition of company loyalty from a long tenure of employment to a lifetime of allegiance regardless of employment status. During our interview we discuss the following topics:
- How she became an expert in the Millennial Generation
- Why is there so much negativity about millennials in the workplace?
- Mentoring Millennials – dos and don’ts
- How leaders leverage Xennials to bridge the gap between Gen Xers and Millennials.
If you are interested in learning more about Lee and her resources then be sure to check them out:
- Double-Forte Website
- Lee’s Personal Website
- The Boomerang Principle
- Millennials and Management
- Email Lee
- Lee on Instagram
- Lee on Twitter
- Lee on Facebook
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!