Age is often related to leadership; however, just because someone is older does not mean that they are a better leader. Millennials today are slowly taking over the workforce for their creativity, drive, imagination. My guest in this episode, George Penyak, is just that. Despite being the youngest member of his sales team, he is the team lead.
In this episode, we discuss what it means to be a younger or millennial leader when dealing with a group of employees who are older and have more experience. Here are the topics which we cover during this interview:
- His background and story
- How he came into a leadership role
- How did his subordinates take the news of his promotion to their supervisor
- What strategies has he employed in dealing with older subordinates
- What challenges have arisen from directing older subordinates and how he overcame them
- What advice he has for anyone who’s about to begin leading older subordinates
George is just a cool guy; he has no resources to share. He wanted to just wanted to share his story and experiences.
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!