Problems and decisions. Those are two things which chew up the majority of a leader’s time. Essentially as leaders our raison d’etre is to solve problems and make decisions; however, sometimes we just do not have the experience necessary to ensure that we have made the right decision for the situation. That’s why sometimes a guide is beneficial and the reason for this episode’s guest.
Corey is an accomplished speaker, corporate trainer, professor and university administrator. Additionally, he is the Associate Dean of Executive Education and Professor of Strategy at McGill U. and an affiliate at Verisei International. He provides training and consulting on strategy topics and teach in MBA, EMBA, Ph.D. and executive programs. His new book – Cracked It! How to solve big problems and sell solutions like top strategy consultants – was recently published by Palgrave Macmillan.
Cracked it! Interview Topics
During our interview Corey and I discuss the following topics:
- His background and history
- The inspiration which led to Cracked It!
- The most important skill haven’t learned and most importantly why
- The Five Pitfalls of Problem Solving
- The 4S Method to problem solving
- The TOSCA Framework
- One thing leaders can do tomorrow to enable better problem solving
If you are interested in learning more about Corey and his resources, then be sure to follow the links below:
POWER Goals Program
With the POWER Goals Program you are going to learn:
- What goals are right for you? – you will learn how, and most importantly, why to pick goals that are right for you. Most people do not choose the right goals and this, above all else, results in failure. But not you…starting now, you will learn to pick the right ones!
- How to achieve those goals – picking the right goal is only the start. How do you actually go about achieving the goal? That is even more difficult to figure out.
- Why proper planning is SO crucial – You will learn how to plan your week to move you towards your goals and, most importantly, achieve success. I’ll show you how to Identify those “time drains” and ensure that they do not keep you from achieving success.
- How to Execute, and stay on track – getting started is easy, but staying on track is the tough part. Learn how to get rid of those time drains, and how to stop making excuses for not being able to do something.
- How to evaluate and track – most people hope they’re making progress but never actually track it. Learn how to track your progress, identify problem areas, and find places where you can do more!
For more information or to sign up check out the POWER Goals Page
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!