Burn out continues to be a world problem and with technology today people cannot get away from their workplace. This is just as relevant to leaders as their subordinates and as both it is important to recognize this issues in both your people as well as your boss. Sometimes, as a junior or middle leader, or even as a subordinate we need to step in and help our bosses recognize their own burn out.
Vicky Oliver is an award-winning author of 6 books on career development. Her savvy career advice has been featured in over 901 media outlets, including the NY Times, WSJ, NY Post, and Esquire. She blogs for B2C, ThriveGlobal, Harvard Business Review Ascend, LifeHack, and KivoDaily. Her 3rd book, Bad Bosses, Crazy Coworkers & Other Office Idiots (Sourcebooks, 2008) won 9 awards, including the National Best Books Award for “Best Business Careers Book,” and placed in the NY, SF and Hollywood Book Festivals.
During this interview, Vicki and I discuss a range of topics including the following:
- Her background and story
- Reasons why people are burning out
- Why are bosses are prone to burn out
- How we can recognize burn out in our bosses
- How to avoid burn out
- How to help your boss when they are burnt out
- Ways to find a mentor when your boss is burnt out
Vicky Oliver’s Resources
If you are interested in learning more about Vicki and her resources be sure to check out the following links:
- Vicky on LinkedIn
- Vicky on Twitter
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions
- Bad Bosses, Crazy Coworkers & Other Office Idiots: 201 Smart Ways to Handle the Toughest People Issues
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Business Etiquette Questions
- Live Like a Millionaire (Without Having to Be One)
- Power Sales Words: How to Write It, Say It And Sell It With Sizzle
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!