Burnout is what happens when you try
to avoid being human for too long
– Michael Gungor
Leader burnout is a real and dangerous problem. As more is expected of us leaders the greater the risk of it occurring. Frankly, everyone is susceptible to burnout. In fact, I have experienced burnout myself on a number of occasions. However, I was able to rebound, collect myself, and get back to business. Burnout can come at a number of different levels, from simply needing a break to complete and utter breakdown. Don’t let yourself fall to the latter and hence why I have my guest on this episode!
Michael Levitt brings people back to life. Focused on helping individuals and leaders within corporations (Re)Learn BOUNDARIES in their work and personal lives – So that they can accomplish more, by doing less, which will save their careers and possibly their lives. Michael lost his health, his job, his car, and his home all in 369 days. Michael teaches people on how that happened to him, so that they can make the crucial changes in their lives to prevent those losses from happening to them.
During this episode we discuss the following topics:
- What leads to Leader burnout
- How leaders can avoid burnout
- How leaders can recover from burnout
If you are interested in learning more about Michael and his resources, then check out the following links:
- Michael’s 369 days Book
- Breakfast Leadership Website
- Breakfast Leadership Podcast on iTunes
- Breakfast Leadership Podcast on Google Play Music
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!