Leaders can be found anywhere and everywhere. They do not necessarily have to run multi-billion dollar corporations, lead multi-location nonprofit, or troops into combat. Leaders can be found in our communities, online and offline, within our schools, and within our families. The one common thing among all those leadership scenarios is the requirement of teams. Leaders quickly understand and harness the power of teams to achieve great results. They lead teams to achieve great things and that is exactly what my guest today has achieved.
Curtis Webster Jr. is not an author, nor a public speaker, nor anyone in the leadership space. However, he has harness the power of teams to achieve great things. A few years ago, Curtis started his online community “Dads Married to Doctors” and has seen this group exponentially grow. From just a few initial members to almost four thousand members present day, DMD is an outstanding success due to his leadership. The group was also recognized by Facebook as one of the most influential groups currently existing on the platform. Curtis attributes all this success to the power of teams within the organization.
During this interview Curtis and I discuss the following topics:
- The growth of the group outgrew my vision for the community
- Don’t become the bottleneck to the growth and success of your organization
- With great power comes great responsibility
- Many hands make light word – the power of teams
If you are interested in learning more about DMD be sure to check out Curtis’ resources:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!