The world is constantly changing, this has been said over and over again. In order to keep relevant organizations need to change with current trends. However, those organizations which are well-established and successful are often those the most difficult to change. It is a paradigm of epic proportions. Therefore, leaders within these organizations need to learn that transforming their organizations is crucial in order to remain competitive when the startup is the most powerful organization currently.
Kris Østergaard is the co-founder and Chief Learning & Innovation Officer of SingularityU Nordic, a country partner of Singularity University, as well as a faculty member of Singularity University. Kris is the author of Transforming Legacy Organizations: Turn Your Established Business into an Innovation Champion to Win the Future; translator of the best-selling business book Exponential Organizations into Danish; and also the co-author of The Fundamental 4s: How to Design Extraordinary Customer Experiences in an Exponential World. He is also a Certified Experience Economy Expert and the first recipient of the prestigious Experience Management Achievement Award outside of the US.
During this interview, Kris and I cover the following topics:
- His and background and story
- His motivation to write this book
- Why innovation is much harder in large organizations
- The three immune systems of innovation
- How culture plays a very important role in innovation
- Why established organizations must innovate in three tracks simultaneously.
- Culture hacks leaders can use to develop an innovative culture
If you want to learn more about Kris and his resources, be sure to check out the following links:
- Kris on LinkedIn
- Kris on Facebook
- Transforming Legacy Organizations: Turn your Established Business into an Innovation Champion to Win the Future
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!