Leadership and Agile are not necessarily mutually inclusive; however, I believe that Agile needs to be a tool in the toolbox of leaders everyone. My guest on this episode believes that Agile and Leadership go firmly hand-in-hand. During this joint episode my guest Jeff Dalton and I discuss the similarities and differences of leadership and agile.
A veteran technologist and IT leader, Jeff started as a software developer and has been a CEO, Chief Technology Executive, VP of Product Development, Director of Quality and Agile Evangelist for over 30 years including time with Ernst and Young, Electronic Data Systems, Hewlett Packard, Intellicorp, Polk, Broadsword, and AgileCxO. As a consultant, teacher, CMMI lead appraiser, and leadership coach he has worked with NASA, Boeing, Accenture, Bose, L3 Communications, Fiat Chrysler Automotive, General Motors, Ford, and various federal and state agencies to help them improve performance.
During this joint episode, Jeff and I cover the following topics and much more:
- What Agile is
- The importance of Trust in Organizations
- The need for coaching in organizations
- Future of organization structures
If you are interested in Jeff and his resources be sure to check out the following links:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!