It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves
Growing up, I always enjoyed camping and heading into the wilderness. There’s something about it which makes people grow and develop their skills. Wilderness leadership is essentially leadership skills which are developed during trying times in the wild. When you are pitted against the elements, there’s no doubt that your leadership skills will be put to the test.
My guest in this episode, Shawn Stratton, was once an instructor for the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) where he took young adults through the backcountry across the world. With this experience, he wrote his book based on the leadership lessons which he took from some of the most difficult situations which he found himself in during his time. During our interview we discuss the following topics:
- His background and story
- How he got into the NOLS organization.
- Lessons from the $30,000 blister
- Lessons from Facing Team Destruction in Baja
- Lessons from Climbing the Largest and Coldest Mountain in the World
- How he got into the Leadership consulting business.
If you are interested in learning more about Shawn and what he has to offer be sure to check out his resources:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!