Servant leadership is a hot topic as of late but the ideology is not truly new. Essentially, servant leaders place their people and organizations first and themselves last. In the Canadian Army, we have the ideology of – Mission, Troops, Self. Which is essentially servant leadership. But still, when I learned about today’s guest I knew I had to have him on to talk about this absolutely crucial topic.
Art Barter is CEO and cultural architect of Datron World Communications Inc., an organization he transformed from a $10 million company to a $200 million company in just six years by putting into practice the behaviors of servant leadership. He also founded the Servant Leadership Institute (SLI) as a vehicle to share his knowledge and to teach others how to inspire and equip those they influence.
Barter is the author of Farmer Able: A Fable About Servant Leadership Transforming Organizations and People From the Inside Out. In his newest work, The Servant Leadership Journal, Barter teaches the nine behaviors necessary to grow into a servant leader.
During our interview, Art and I discuss the following topics:
- What actually servant leadership is
- How can leaders develop their servant skills
- How leaders can implement it in their organization
If you are interested in learning more about Art, then be sure to check out his resources:
- Daytron Website
- Servant Leadership Institute Website
- Farmer Able: A Fable About Servant Leadership Transforming Organizations and People From the Inside Out.
- The Servant Leadership Journal: An 18 Week Journey to Transform You and Your Organization
Moving Forward Leadership Resources
Keep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- POWER Goals Program - If you are ready to stop complaining and start achieving those goals which you have been trying to achieve for some time now. Then stop chasing your dreams and start achieving them through my very own POWER Goals program. Learn about picking the right goals, figuring out how to achieve them, getting on track with achieving them and most importantly how to get back on track when you fail... because you will. Learn more here!
Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!
Where to Subscribe to Moving Forward Leadership
Love the Moving Forward Leadership Podcast? Then subscribe to your favourite device and app! As well, please leave me a review! These reviews mean more to me than you could ever imagine.