There are lots of talks regarding the millennial generation. As this generation begins to take over a larger portion of the work force leaders need to understand how properly employ these people. Millennials, however, are getting a lot of heat and light for issues which are not their fault. However, as leaders we need to be prepared to help the millennial generation find its way.
In today’s episode, my guest Tyrone and I discuss the highly viewed, opinionated and controversial video by Simon Sinek discussing millennials in the workplace. If you haven’t seen this yet, then be sure to watch it first at the end of the show notes.
During this episode the three of us discuss the following topics:
- What are your thoughts on Sinek’s whole argument? Does he has valid points or has there been too much generalization going on?
- How can they not feel entitled?
- How can they feel like they have made an impact?
- What are some tips to build relationships?
- What should organizations be doing to address this issue?
If you’re interested in learning more about Tyrone Matheson and his resources then check out:
Have a watch of the subject video:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!