Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.
– Jim Goodnight
Employees/people are the cornerstones of any organization regardless of the size and function. Without our people, we are simply not leaders. However, it seems that too many leaders do not simply care enough to worry about their employees’ welfare nor care enough to build relations with them. Employee welfare and relation building must be at the forefront of any leaders mind.
That brings me to my guest in this episode, Adam Brown. Adam – or Brownie as I affectionally refer to him as – is one of my closest friends, former Canadian Army Armour Officer, Afghanistan veteran, and now an entrepreneur. Adam has his employees’ welfare and relations with them always in his mind, and he’s very passionate on the topic. During the episode we discuss the following topics:
- His story and background
- The key leadership lessons he learned while in the military
- How leaders can know their people
- How leaders can promote their people’s welfare
- His key lessons learned
- What businesses do to immediately improve how they take care of their people
- How leadership experience has shaped him as an entrepreneur
If you are interested in connecting with Adam or learning more about what he does then check out his following resources:
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!