Conflict is ever present. Even reading these podcast show notes could be causing you conflict this very instant. As leaders, we need to know the good, the bad, and the ugly revolving around conflict. Additionally, whilst conflict can be a catalyst for good change, unresolved conflict can cause long-lasting damage to an organization. As a leader, you need to know how to use conflict for good, and then ultimately resolve it. This is where my guest, Nate Reiger comes to play.
Nate Regier, Ph.D., is CEO and co-founding owner of Next Element, a global leadership training and certification rm specializing in communication and conflict skills. He’s an expert in social-emotional intelligence and leadership, positive conflict, neuropsychology, group dynamics, interpersonal and leadership communication, executive assessment, and coaching. Regier is a co-developer of Next Element’s Leading Out of Drama® training and coaching system, an LOD® master trainer, and Process Communication Model® certifying master trainer. He is the co-author of Beyond Drama: Transcending Energy Vampires. He’s an enthusiastic dad and husband.
During the interview between Nate and I we cover the following topics:
- His background
- What is his perspective on conflict?
- Where do leaders struggle most when it comes to conflict?
- What are some tips for leaders who have conflict directly with them and a co-worker/subordinate
- What are some practical ways for leaders to resolve
conflictbetween two subordinates
- What are some coaching techniques for leaders dealing with subordinate conflict
- What are some practical tips leaders can apply to turn conflict from a distraction into a resource?
If you want to learn more about Nate and his resources then check out the following links:
- Conflict Without Casualties
- Next Element Consulting Website
- Nate on Twitter
- Nate on Facebook
- Nate on Linkedin
Moving Forward Leadership ResourcesKeep on top of Moving Forward Leadership with all the resources which I have established for you, free of charge:
- Moving Forward Leadership Resources - Check out the Moving Forward Leadership Resources section where I list every single resource mentioned on the show. As well, there are books which I have read written or read personally and finally various types of services which I use and recommend.
- The 9 Foundations of Leadership – I’ve written this ebook for you all to get a base of your leadership skills. With this book, you will be able to begin to form your leadership style. For a small fee, you can get your journey started and get ahead of your peers! Just follow the link in the title, and your copy awaits you!
- Facebook Page – Check out updates from Moving Forward Leadership, as well when links and videos.
- Facebook Group – Come and let’s discuss leadership. I will swing by and answer any questions you have as well as provide advice and guidance for your situations.
- Twitter – Definitely subscribe here to find out when new episodes go live, or if I have a random idea to share with the world.
- Monthly Newsletter – Sign up for my newsletter and see what is happening in the background with me, read the most interesting articles in leadership, as well as get inside information from time-to-time on what I have upcoming!
- Email – Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with ideas, suggestions, comments or questions. I truly love hearing from you all!